12.22.2010

I'm Dreaming of...

a White Christmas!

That's what I was told at church anyway. My church is doing a "throwback" Christmas program this year spanning the decades from now all the way back to the birth of Jesus! We are highlighting the 80's, 70's, 50's, 40's and the birth of our Lord Jesus. I was asked to come up and take some measurements which turned into making the dress for the 40's song White Christmas inspired by the movie of course!

I just wanted to show you all a little before and after of the upcycled bridesmaid dress I found at the thrift store that turned into a little something along the lines of...



source

It was literally a Christmas miracle that I found this dress... I don't think I would have had the time or skill to whip this puppy up from scratch!



Here is the dress hemmed up and with the muff and capelet that I made...



A little more fur trim...



And wah-lah, I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (sung in Bing's voice of course!)



Note: as of last night more fur has been added to the capelet for a bigger effect! Can you believe that Jo Ann's is completely sold out of this fur fabric!?!? Yeah neither could I but as Tim Gunn would say... I made it work!

If you live near by come on over to Bay Area Fellowship for our Christmas services starting tonight at 6 & 8 pm, Thursday at 4, 6 & 8 pm and Friday at Noon, 2, 4, 6 & 8 pm!


No comments:

Post a Comment