8.16.2011

Wedding Guest Dress...

I have been and will be a busy bee the next couple of weeks. I have a wedding order for a dear friend that needs finishing, baby showers, bachelorette parties and weddings to attend! Whew, that makes me a little anxious just typing it...

So I had decided a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to make a dress to wear to my sweet friends wedding out of this pattern.
Butterick B5603
Butterick B5603


It is an outdoor event at a campsite and I wanted to use vintage sheets for a perfect breezy vintage vibe. Cut to today... we are two weeks away and all I had done was cut the pattern. I decided to search Etsy and look for some backup in case my plan didn't work the way I wanted it to. Well, I am really glad I made this decision because I am now the owner of the most beautiful of vintage frocks. Here is a little peek... and let me tell you, the pictures DON'T do it justice!


Floral Maxi


vintage 60's



I think it might be a late 60's piece due to the union label and the fact that there is no care tag. It is in perfect condition and the little green velvet sash...swoon! I can't wait to style this beaut soon!


loves- Cookie Louise


3 comments:

  1. NICE find!! You can definitely jazz this up to be uberfab! Can't wait to see what creative things you'll do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna!! I am toally thinking muted gold accessories and fancy eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it on you!

    ♥ sécia
    www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete