2.16.2011

One Year...

So, I'm a little scared to send this post into the interwebs but maybe, just maybe one of you can gain some inspiration from my story today. Just a word of warning this post is going to be a little lengthy...

One year...what does that mean? Well I suppose it means a lot of different things to different people. For me, today on February 16th it means one year of being drug free. It means freedom from the chains that I locked myself into many years ago, it means a new inner peace, it means actually feeling again, it means loving myself and my family and friends more, it means appreciation and it means that I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!


weheartit

A year ago God adjusted my life in such a way that I was able to break through a bondage that held me captive for eight long years. I realize this morning much of it was a self esteem issue. I was holding myself back from my potential because if I actually tried then I just might fail.

I look at how my life has changed in just a year...just one year. I have a real and personal relationship with God first and foremost, the reason I gave up smoking pot in the first place. I desired the closeness with Him, I wanted to know His will for my life and be able to hear God speaking to me. I have all that now. I wanted to start my own business, I had a dream in my heart and I still do. I have that business now this blog is the fruit of that. I have a story of redemption now, one year later God has been made strong in my weakness. I have a stronger relationship and vision with my Mister, life might be tough but we're tougher! I have lost friends and relationships and that has been hard. I have lost attitudes and habits and am still changing daily.

So much change in such a short time...I have laughed, cried, fought and rejoiced and I can finally say...

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV

Thank you so much for reading and being a part of this plan that God has for my life. I appreciate all of your support not only of my self but of Cookie Louise Pleaze

loves-Cookie Louise




3 comments:

  1. How brave you are! I love this honest sharing of the journey you are one. You have no idea what an encouragement this post has been for me as we visited our oldest daughter in rehab just this weekend. If she could be where you are a year from now----one year---it would mean the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suzie! Keep believeing in your daughter and the power that God has to transform us all, hold tight to hope...I will be praying for you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, and I appreciate the honesty! I'm in a very scary recovery of my own, and although I'm on year 5, everything is just as hard as day 1. I commend your journey and know that I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete