2.15.2011

A Gift of Appreciation...

So around the Casa de Griffith we aren't really huge into Valentine's Day which for the record I am totally cool with. We had already been out twice in the last week so we decided to take it easy last night have a home cooked dinner and just hang out.

That being said when I got home from the office before I went to my bible study we decided to exchange our little gifts. Not wanting to conform my Mister asked if I would like my little gift of appreciation to which I said, "Umm, yeah!"

Well lookie here...







Aren't I the luckiest gal here in the Coastal Bend? YES!!! I was super surprised and so ecstatic to see this baby was all mine...

A week and a half ago I had spotted this little lady at a local antique shop and promptly asked the owner how much, figuring it was way too expensive since it had no price tag on it. Well it was actually super reasonable however there was a little problem... I still didn't have that much pocket money until the next pay period! The owner told me that the offer was good for the rest of the week so home I went. Over the next few days I described the machine to my hubs telling him of how perfect it would be as a backdrop in photos, for my booth and how I just plain wanted it in all of it's pink vintage glory...

He was not convinced of how "necessary" this machine was and I was told I would just have to wait until I had my pocket money. Well that Friday money in my purse I called the man at the shop and to my disappointment he informed me that he had sold the machine the DAY BEFORE! I was DEVASTATED...seriously, I felt it was a once in a lifetime purchase. So, I called my Mister to have a pity party and he really wasn't having it. I was told, "You can't always get what you want" and not to "Put too much stock into things".

Now, I knew that but I just wanted to complain, can ya feel me? So can you imagine my surprise to see this little lady was scooped up by the Mister for me and not only that but he shined it up to as close to new as he could get.

Gee, I love this man! What a sweetie to go to all of the trouble of finding this and cleaning it and keeping it secret and getting the owner of the shop in on it too...

Did you have a good Valentine's Day? Did your someone special give you a huge surprise even if it was valuable time alone? Come on ladies do tell!

loves- Cookie Louise



2 comments:

  1. What in the world?! That is the single most glorious machine I've ever seen in my life!! What a sweet surprise. My lova surprised me with an Instant Back for my Diana F+!!!! Definitely an amazing surprise. Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Amy, it will def create some cool instant shots! A Diana Mini was also on my short list but I LOVE this sewing machine, going to have to give her a worthy name here soon...

    ReplyDelete