12.02.2010

Fashion Friday... the proper way to wear vintage



You all know what today is and if you are a fan on Cookie Louise Pleaze's FB page you know what this post is going to be about! Styling Vintage in a modern way...

Cat Eye Sunnies: Vintage
60's Fur Trimmed Coat: Vintage (my Mee Maw's)
Yellow Dress: Vintage/Etsy (gift from the Mister on Thanksgiving!)
Belt: Target
Bangles and Ring: Vintage (the mister's GG's)
Tights: Target
Boots: JC Penny





This STUNNING dress came with a matching yellow patent belt...so adorbs but not quite right for the beginning of December! So to make this beauty more season appropriate I added the brown belt, tights and tall boots.



The nicest comment was made by my dear friend Donna who exclaimed, "When you said Ryan bought you a 50's dress I expected you to look like you were going to a sock hop...but you can hardly tell it's vintage!"

So sweet, for me that's the whole point! Add some contrasting modern pieces to the look to tone it down and wah la! Vintage in a modern way...



3 comments:

  1. That dress is fab & the coat is super classy. Looks amazing on you!

    http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your dress. I am hoping to find a few in that style (and hopefully one in that color!) for the new year! Thanks for sharing. We'll for sure be including this in our next round up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much...it was the perfect Etsy find, props to my hubs!

    ReplyDelete