11.03.2010

40's Inspired Apron

So after last weeks post about Halloween and what it now seems to entail I promised I would show you all my demure Halloween housewife getup... well here she is in all her glory!



The only things I purchased this year for my look was the duster (Dollar Tree) and the "Keds" (Payless). I took a tip from the beautiful Miss James over at Bleubird Vintage and made my own saddle shoes with a little paint!

I also had the wig on hand from on old costume and the white shirt I wore two years ago when I was Tom Cruise in "Risky Business". On to the apron... I had originally planned on making this for 4th of July hence the red and blue but alas I was busy and intimidated by the pattern as this is only my second time to sew from one!

I plugged along and improvised when I needed to and I have to say I am so happy with the way this little beauty turned out! Using bias tape wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and neither was making this little apron. What do you think? Do I make a sweet little housewife or what!?!



Here we are all ready to pass out candy!



Today I am linking up with...



No comments:

Post a Comment